Airport Extreme Problems

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having trouble connecting to the internet using my Airport Extreme Router. Everything is hooked up correctly, and the Airport logo in the upper right corner of the screen displays a full connection, yet when I try to actually pull up a page, it says that I in fact am NOT connected to the internet. This is really frustrating, can anyone help?!?! Any words of advice would be appreciated! :eek:

M

menace3054

that happens when it reads your airport (meaning that your airport is broadcasting a singal) but that the internet portion of the deal isnt working. I would first start by reseting your dsl/cable modem. if that doesnt work let me know and ill try to think of something else

Reaction score
I notice that my Extreme and Express will occassionally drop my PPPoE on my DSL -- I've still go full "bars" on the icon, but internet stops until the PPPoE reconnects (usually just a couple seconds). I will say I never saw this happen on my old Linksys system.

S

srichart

Check your firewall

Are you in OSX or Windows?

If in windows check your firewall. :yinyang:

MindGame2K6 said:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble connecting to the internet using my Airport Extreme Router. Everything is hooked up correctly, and the Airport logo in the upper right corner of the screen displays a full connection, yet when I try to actually pull up a page, it says that I in fact am NOT connected to the internet. This is really frustrating, can anyone help?!?! Any words of advice would be appreciated! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
When you go into your router configuration does it show that you have internet connection? If not try resetting your modem and than renew the external IP on your router.
I have worked with nearly every major brand of consumer routers (except Apple, weird huh?) and this method almost always works unless there is a problem with your modem or the ISP.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry About That

Since the internet was obviously down, I couldn't post an updated reply.
The crux of my issue was a power surge. My old cable modem, a Motorola SURFboard, was hit by a power surge in a thunderstorm. Basically, the surge hit my old AirPort Extreme, fried it, and went through the single ethernet cable into the port on the modem; therefore it blew out any functioning connection. In retrospect, this was what was causing my AirPort to display full signal strength, yet be unresponsive to the actual internet. Got a new modem, new AirPort, and everything is up and running!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.