Mac App similar to MixMeister (for PC)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an app that is similar to MixMeister which is on the PC. I dont know if one exists but if it does could someone point me in it's direction.

For more info on what mixmeister is see here:
MIXMEISTER

thanks guys.

F

franklf

A few Mac apps

ehmjay said:
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an app that is similar to MixMeister which is on the PC. I dont know if one exists but if it does could someone point me in it's direction.

For more info on what mixmeister is see here:
MIXMEISTER

thanks guys.

There are quite a few mixing apps for Mac, but I'll list a few for you to google and check out.

Audacity is freeware. Try this one first.

If you get Rax which is shareware from [I think] Granted Software, you can search for and find free Audio Units for Rax to load which are themselves synthesizers and cool effects.

Another sequencer, mixer, and MIDI program called Quattro something or other is supposedly good and cheap, too.

Traktion by Mackie is relatively cheap for doing MIDI, mixing, and audio recording combined.
Good luck. Hope this helps.

OP
E
Reaction score
this is the thign I should point out - this isn't so much for music editing (I have soundtrack pro for that) this is for mixing like dj sets and such - beat mixing etc. I will look into those apps although from the descriptions they sound more along the lines of soundtrack.

F

franklf

Try versiontracker

ehmjay said:
this is the thign I should point out - this isn't so much for music editing (I have soundtrack pro for that) this is for mixing like dj sets and such - beat mixing etc. I will look into those apps although from the descriptions they sound more along the lines of soundtrack.

You're right. Go to www.versiontracker.com, then use the link to Mac OSX applications, then search on their site. I'd type in the two letters - DJ - and I think there are some shareware or maybe even freeware programs listed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.