Having problems connecting to Internet

Reaction score
My new MBP arrived yesterday but i'm having difficulty connecting to my wireless network. I've played around a bit but was unable to connect - and it wouldnt accept my WEP password either. Then sitting in my bed last night it connected, albeit at a very slow connection, for about 5 minutes, and i have no idea how. However this morning it is back to not workling again. I'm not an experienced mac user so any help would be appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks dtravis7 that's exactly where i was going wrong. God i feel stupid. Thanks a lot.

It's working perfectly now, however i just shut the mbp down and restarted it to see if it would connect straight away but i had to go through the same procedure before it connected to the internet again. How do i get it to save the settings and connect automatically as soon as i log in?

Thanks again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
mac.chr said:
Thanks dtravis7 that's exactly where i was going wrong. God i feel stupid. Thanks a lot.

It's working perfectly now, however i just shut the mbp down and restarted it to see if it would connect straight away but i had to go through the same procedure before it connected to the internet again. How do i get it to save the settings and connect automatically as soon as i log in?

Thanks again.

It should save just save it in the keychain. Did you click Remember Password in the Keychain?

Picture 1.png

OP
M
Reaction score
yeh that's working now. Thanks for your help. For future reference, if i take the mbp to a hotspot will it automatically find the signal or will i need to actively search for it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It should find the Hot Spot automatically, but if not, click on the AirPort icon up by the clock and select the HotSpot and it will connect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.