Two finger scrolling trackpad third party software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Hello All!

I have an ibook g4 and would love to download software that will allow the 2 finger scrolling as seen on the new ibooks and powerbooks. Can anyone give me info on where i can find this software?

C

canadian_eh

Um, the iBook G4 comes standard with 2-finger scroll, doesn't it?
I know mine did.
I tried downloading the iScroll so that I could get the right click, when you have two fingers on the trackpad, and click the mouse button. But it wouldn't let me install it.
Is there any way that I can get that right-click function?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
your ibook comes standard with the feature as well, you can turn it on in the system preference under mouse.

Reaction score
It depends how old the ibook is, I know that my old 14" 1.2ghz G4 didn't have the feature. Hence my need to track down the link posted above! I think apple started including it as standard around 2003/4 at the same time as they started including the sudden motion sensor (which mine also did not have!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
canadian_eh said:
Um, the iBook G4 comes standard with 2-finger scroll, doesn't it?
I know mine did.
I tried downloading the iScroll so that I could get the right click, when you have two fingers on the trackpad, and click the mouse button. But it wouldn't let me install it.
Is there any way that I can get that right-click function?

I have the same iBook and haven't found a way to get the right click on the track pad. The software is for older iBooks only. We already have the two finger scroll and the sudden motion sensor, just have to put up with control click or a multi button mouse. Not much of a hardship :flower:

Reaction score
the above link also enables the right click on the trackpad. And it gives you much more control over the sensitivity and speed of your scrolling! (and a few more options too if memory serves)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.