macbook battery life

Reaction score
Hi I tried searching for an 'average' battery life for macbooks. One person said that s/he has 3 hours max on their macbook. my lappy operates for about 3.5 hours unplugged. this is way better than the dead battery on my old laptop, but i believe i read that the macbooks are suppose to run for 6 hours on battery. So, i'm a little disappointed. But would other macbook owners be kind enough to throw in their battery life to help me guage the severity of my disappointment? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Depends on what you're doing, but for "normal" surfing and working, I get around 4 hours with the brightness fairly high and airport on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I get between 3 and 5 hours, generally speaking. If I'm doing a lot of stuff that requires heavy processing, it can drop pretty fast, but for a moderate level of use (documentation, coding, browsing, irc) I get about 5.

R

Rock Hardwell

poster said:
Hi I tried searching for an 'average' battery life for macbooks. One person said that s/he has 3 hours max on their macbook. my lappy operates for about 3.5 hours unplugged. this is way better than the dead battery on my old laptop, but i believe i read that the macbooks are suppose to run for 6 hours on battery. So, i'm a little disappointed. But would other macbook owners be kind enough to throw in their battery life to help me guage the severity of my disappointment? thanks.

The battery life really depends on what is running on your computer. Turning Bluetooth and Airport off adds more battery life. If you're running programs that require a lot of the processor, then the battery won't last as long. I've gotten about four or five hours by turning Bluetooth off and only running iChat or Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
All of the above suggestions are good.
A better suggestion would be to search the forums as there are already several threads that discuss this very same issue.
:black:

OP
P
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
All of the above suggestions are good.
A better suggestion would be to search the forums as there are already several threads that discuss this very same issue.
:black:

i looked! but perhaps my searching skills are lacklustre. sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.