Locating MANY Files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP (2009) 2.26GHz, 160GB, 2GB
I have a lot of songs in my iTunes library, but over 2000 of them have the ! and cannot be located by iTunes. I can't figure out why certain songs are not found while others are. Sometimes it's all songs by a certain artist, other times it's just one song here and there. I'm running iTunes 6.0.4 on Mac OS X 3.9.2. My library is on an external drive, and starting iTunes with our without it connected makes no difference. Does anyone have any ideas about why it is doing this and how I can easily fix it without manually having to located over 2000 songs?

D

DCW

Original file location

TennsDog said:
I have a lot of songs in my iTunes library, but over 2000 of them have the ! and cannot be located by iTunes. I can't figure out why certain songs are not found while others are. Sometimes it's all songs by a certain artist, other times it's just one song here and there. I'm running iTunes 6.0.4 on Mac OS X 3.9.2. My library is on an external drive, and starting iTunes with our without it connected makes no difference. Does anyone have any ideas about why it is doing this and how I can easily fix it without manually having to located over 2000 songs?

This has to do with the original location of the file. Itunes is looking for that file name in the original location/directory it was added to the itunes library from. Simply find that song location now, and re-add it to the itunes library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.