dropped my 12" powerbook, airport no longer reading

Reaction score
The airport card itself has no visible damage when I removed it. I've been told it's probably the antenae, and that it would cost more to even investigate than to just purchase a new macbook.
Everything else is running just fine, only I'm no longer wireless. The airport no longer shows up as an option on any of my internet settings, but it does work through ethernet.
Does anybody have an option for me? Any kind of gadgets or modifications I can do? Anything else I can try or do to have wireless internet again? I would like to try to keep any costs around $100, as I also need a new battery. :eek:neye:
Thanks for any help!

M

menace3054

well, if you have a friend that has an airport card you could give that a shot to see if it actually is the card or the antenna. that would be a good way to start. im not sure what apple's return policy is on airport cards, but you could buy a new one to see if it works, and if it doesnt, return it. a new battery alone is over 100, so hopefully your not including that in your cost estimate. good luck, hopefully its only the card and not the antenna

OP
M
Reaction score
airport card switch

menace3054 said:
well, if you have a friend that has an airport card you could give that a shot to see if it actually is the card or the antenna. that would be a good way to start. im not sure what apple's return policy is on airport cards, but you could buy a new one to see if it works, and if it doesnt, return it. a new battery alone is over 100, so hopefully your not including that in your cost estimate. good luck, hopefully its only the card and not the antenna

My husband just got a macbook, will his work in my powerbook? If so, how do I remove the airport in a macbook? I've been nervous about trying this and mucking up his new machine.

P

pbook24

well the airport in the macbook is integrated, so i think that there is no removable card. I am most likely way off though ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.