x11

P

pbook24

im too cheap and i can't buy photoshop or MS office so i am going to use GIMP and open office, which both run on x11. When i try to run them, it says i need to download x11 from the os x install discs. I tried to download it from the apple site but it says i have a later version, ***! On my old powerbook it worked fine without me having to install anything. Where on the install discs is it, i hear about optional installs but i dont see that. thanks i searched but none of the threads reall gave me what i needed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
The OS X 10.4 version of X11 comes on the install disc - run the installer for 'optional features' and X11 will be in there - you may have to scroll down the Filer window that appears when you put the first OS X install disk in (I know I did). It should install to Applications/Utilities. If it's already there, try starting it directly and then run OOo or the Gimp and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You can use Pacifist to extract it from the Install disk. It's a handy app and worth the $20.

OP
P

pbook24

i got it. it was in a eally random place. I just kept clicking different folders and stuff and found x11.pkg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.