Burn DVDs?

Reaction score
i am new to Mac, i just recieved my MacBook. i cant figure out how to work this iDVD. can someone tell me how to burn a dvd?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
What exactly are you trying to burn?

Giving specifics will help us help you.

OP
L
Reaction score
surfwax95 said:
What exactly are you trying to burn?

Giving specifics will help us help you.
i am trying to backup my dvds using iDVD. i am very lost. sorry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
First...do you have the SuperDrive model? If not, then you aren't going to burn any DVD's with anything.

Second, iDVD is not really intended for backing up DVD's, but rather creating your own from your own movies. If you are looking to back up your DVD collection, then use the Search function of this forum and you will find plenty of helpful threads on the topic.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
AFAIK, you can't with iDVD. You need to get MacTheRipper and copy it to your HDD and then use something like TOAST or Dragon Burn to bun it.

I think that you can simply mount a blank DVD on the OSX desktop and drag and drop the output from MTR to it and then right click and select "Burn DVD" and that will copy it.

M

menace3054

yea, if its a NON-encrypted dvd, id recommend just disk utlity, or roxio toast or something like that.

OP
L
Reaction score
burned my first dvd. i used mactheripper and burned it with DVD2ONEx2. thanks for the help

F

franklf

Toast for Spanning DVDs

L0GiC said:
burned my first dvd. i used mactheripper and burned it with DVD2ONEx2. thanks for the help

Roxio Toast can back your documents or other large contents to multiple DVDs, spanning the items across multiple DVDs automatically. To me it's well worth the price. No, I have no connection to Roxio, whatsoever.

Frank

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.