• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Duplicate threads on different sites? & Information sites

Reaction score
I am about to convert and have been researching the Macbook (as a lead-in system) by reading reviews, specs and by checking the forums (Here, Mac Rumors, and MacNN). I know that there are more out there, I just do not have the time and the available mental ram to track any more collections worth of threads and retain the facts. Is it normal for people to post duplicate items to the different sites? I have found it to be quite confusing to keep track of which sites I have been to when members post the same thing everywhere. I am sure the answer would be to just monitor this site, eh? I was also curious about the best places to get the news about Macs? I have seen people post info that was "just released" but I do not always see the places or links to that the information. I keep thinking that there is a secret handshake or something that I am missing, so I joined in hopes of figuring it out. Thanks, I have learned a ton so far in the last month of daily visits.

Reaction score
You are correct that some people post the same thing in multiple forums, espcially when they have a problem! This forum has a pretty nice community and there are a lot of helpful people.

If you want to keep up with the very latest apple news then you can either check out the "Apple Rumours and Reports" message board on this forum (here) but also other sites like digg.com are good for up to the minute news (it is user submitted, and people vote for stories they think are good), digg.com has an apple section. Be careful though, some people can get a bit anti-apple in the comments section! I'm sure there are some other sites too, see what other people reccommend!

Otherwise, if you stick to this forum, plus mac rumours and macNN I think you will just pick things up here and there from different threads. By the way, if you have any final questions before you take the plunge and get the macbook, and you can't find the answers on the forum's search function then feel free to make a post in the appropriate forum and ask away!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.