Troubles installing OpenOffice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
So I tried to install OpenOffice 2.0.3rc7_MacOSXIntel from the website for my Intel Mac but during opening the program after installing it says something about installing X11 first. Well I tried doing that (got from the apple site like readme said) and it wont let me install because newer software is already installed on my mac. Well...I am confused.

The readme had an area where it said if it says you already have it and what to do but it doesnt help. It just said to make sure you ahve the right version (I do) and what to do if I have the Tiger DVD (I dont)...I am running 10.4.7.

Any help please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
This is not a hardware question.

Moving to correct forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You need X11 to run OpenOffice. The version available for download from Apple will only work with 10.3.x

If you want to install it for Tiger, you will have to do so using the install DVD, which if you don't have you won't be able to install it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 20" Mac
Thank you. I just decided to switch to NeoOffice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
You should be aware that NeoOffice for Intel is an ALPHA level release, whereas true OpenOffice.org is at the 7th release candidate, meaning that it is as close to a 'proper' release as it's possible to be without actually being one. NeoOffice has potentially far more bugs that OOo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.