iTunes problems

Reaction score
Sorry for the long post, but any help would be appreciated... I'm running 10.4.7, by the way...

Okay... so I was just surfing the internet earlier today and my iBook froze. I couldn't even open the force quit menu. Before this happened, iTunes kept opening itself, which it did before, so I didn't think anything of it (although I have no idea why it happens...) Anyway, I held down the power button to turn it off, turned it back on, and I couldn't log into my profile. It would load a few things and just sit there, and then when everything did load, it would just log me out... it did this 3 or 4 times. I could log onto the other "guest" profile, so I did, I created a new profile for myself and deleted my old one. I tried to keep my files, but for whatever reason, It errored when I tried to do this, so I just decided to do the "delete immediately" option. That worked fine, except now I don't have any of my music, even though I had it in the "music" folder that could be reached by both profiles.

When I log into my newly-created profile, I tried to open iTunes, but it would always "unexpectedly quit". It did this when I tried to log into the guest profile, too. I deleted iTunes and downloaded it from the site. When I go to install it, the installer will not allow me to select any packages (or whatever they are called). When I click install, it says, "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install."

So there is my story. Again, sorry for the length, but I would really like to get this working, as it is very annoying. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Look for, via Spotlight, and delete the following files:

com.apple.itunes.plist
iTunes Music Library.xml

iTunes should open find once you ditch those. You'll have to add all you music to the Library again though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.