Am I Crazy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB Ram; 15" MacBook Pro, 2.0 GHz Intel CoreDuo processor, 512MB RA
Ok, am I utterly insane? Last summer I made the switch over to Mac with my iBook G4 12". Love the computer, bought it with AppleCare (mainly because my last HP was a piece of crap and didn't want to have to pay to get the iBook repaired). I made the transfer complete when I replaced my Compaq desktop with a new iMac 17" CoreDuo. Now I want to upgrade the iBook to a MacBook Pro. Luckily I get an educational discount. I would plan to sell the old desktop and the iBook to get some money to pay for the MBP. Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Reaction score
If you have the cash and you really want/need it, then get it. I went from a 1.33Ghz iBook 12in to a MacBook Pro. The iBooks really were under-powered compared to the competition towards the end of their run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
yeah....but you could get a very nice macbook with the 2.0 processor for a lot cheaper. the only difference with the 2.0 MBP (I think) would be the size and the video processing.

M

menace3054

your not crazy at all, its addicting. i bought my first mac like 3 years ago, a 12" powerbook g4. i liked that and wanted to upgrade, so i got an imac, then i wanted a better desktop, so i got a dual g5, then i wanted a laptop again, so i got a powerbook 15", ive been through about 5 macs in 2 years, its crazy. atleast you like it!

Reaction score
ShillAT said:
yeah....but you could get a very nice macbook with the 2.0 processor for a lot cheaper. the only difference with the 2.0 MBP (I think) would be the size and the video processing.
Not only does that make a rediculous amount of difference, but you also get a bigger screen, backlit keyboard, expresscard slot, larger hardrive, dual link DVI, more RAM and a bigger Harddrive. Also with the 17inch you also get firewire 800, an even bigger or faster hardrive, dual layer DVD writer and a higher memory graphics card, not to mention the huge screen.
You also get the hard to scratch or blemish finish that looks much more profesional and speakers that you can actually hear.
If you can afford it, you get way more computer with the macbook pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.