A switcher's guide to OS X Software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I like this forum being a new Mac user and all, and as I learn I"m now finding myself answering questions from fellow newbies.....this is the best imho, cause not only can you learn, you can share right away with others who are in the same boat which is above all, cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I like this forum being a new Mac user and all, and as I learn I"m now finding myself answering questions from fellow newbies.....this is the best imho, cause not only can you learn, you can share right away with others who are in the same boat which is above all, cool.

Indeed, I've only had my mac for a few months now, but I am now seeming to be on this forum answering peoples questions more and more... hmmm

Reaction score
Switcher's Guide, so far looks like a great tool. Thanks.

Reaction score
Mac Downloads

Wow!!! I am SO glad I visited this entry. VERY beneficial. Thanks SO much! :D

Reaction score
Thanks!

That's exactly what I needed to know. Keep that kind of info coming. It's funny that when you know what you need to know, you often forget how hard it was when you didn't know it--it just seems so basic, unless you don't know it. Again, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
Add your favorite mac apps to the list and see how they rank against the rest
http://apple.lockergnome.com/

I see this becoming a very nice resource for finding OS X apps in the future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook: 2.4Ghz Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD
New to this board but not new to macs, however I'm always looking for useful software I may have overlooked. There's some **** good stuff in this thread and I'd like to thank all who have contributed. I was thinking about buying the new MS Office software before college started again, but now I'm gonna look into getting Pages instead since all I really needed was Word.

Reaction score
mac apps

i am new to mac, where can i buy cool apps for mac on-line (any kind of apps: games, business, apps for math etc.)? THANK YOU :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP: 2.5 GHz Penryn; GeForce 8600M GT 512MB; 2GB RAM; 250GB 5400 RPM; Glossy; OS X 10.5.5; WinXP SP3
What are the chances of getting the links in this guide to open in new tabs, so we don't have to navigate back and forth to the guide? Great guide!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.