Mouse shortcuts?

Reaction score
Is there a way to modify the mouse shortcuts on Tiger? The reason I ask is because I'm using a 3 button mouse and whenever I move my scroll wheel to the left or right (normally used to scroll left/right) it changes the brightness. This wouldn't be so bad but it only move the brightness down, both left and right. I know I found a way to disable it before but since I did a firmware upgrade I can't seem to find where to disable it anymore :(

any help is appreciated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Where is the mouse from and did you install the drivers?

OP
eon.
Reaction score
it's a Logitech wireless mouse (and keyboard combo) and no I did not install the drivers. I'm new to Mac and I believed the propaganda that Macs have all the drivers you will ever need preinstalled :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well it generally works doesn't it? ;)

If you want to use special features of a non-standard peripheral, you will need to install the drivers.

OP
eon.
Reaction score
well, I just searched for my drivers at the Logitech website. I found my mouse but they don't have Mac drivers listed :(

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1796,contentid=10753

And I don't think it's a drivers issue, becasue like I said I know I disabled the brightness adjustment before, just a few days ago actually, but then I did a firmware upgrade and also the 10.4.7 update and now it seems like the option just vanished :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can use a 3rd party driver such as USBoverdriveX to add mouse button shortcuts...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.