iwork/pages

C

cheri

I bought iwork (the demo came on my ibook), but would like to use it on my kids imac for school work. The computers are on a shared ethernet so I was thinking there was a way to share this program. Can you tell me the easiest way to share. I've tried following the help ideas and none work. I have .mac and it won't let me upload iwork to my public folder. thanks

OP
S

SHNAKE

I suggest you take a look at the documntation that you got with iWork. If i remember correctly apple allows you to install it on up to 5 computers or something in case you need it at home and on your laptop as well. I think it works that way with all copies but I could be wrong, maybe you have to buy a family pack or something.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What you have there is a Demo version. It works for 90 days I believe then stops working. If you try to get around it, it's piracy. If you purchase a Family Pack of iWork, you could use it on 5 systems. But that is the demo and is only for that machine to let you see if you like it. I liked it and bought it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Assuming you bought the family pack, you'd just have to manually copy the application off the disc onto each computer.

Each time enter a different serial number (I'm assuming you get 5 with the family pack)

OP
C

cheri

I purchased the full version

Aptmunich said:
Assuming you bought the family pack, you'd just have to manually copy the application off the disc onto each computer.

Each time enter a different serial number (I'm assuming you get 5 with the family pack)

I paid for it and got a serial number for my computer,(not sure if I got a family pack) I used the schooling discount, but it was installed on my computer when I got it, so I don't have a disc to put it on my kids computer. I thought there would be a way to file share or something over our ethernet.

thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Your origional post said about the demo so I took it that is what you were trying to use. Sounds like you paid for it and it's on the machine and the install DVD. That gives you one license so it can only be used on one macnine. I don't think you can run it over the network on another mac, but have never tried it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I see...

If it came on your computer and you bought a serial number for it, you only have one license. You're not allowed to install it on the other macs.

OP
F

franklf

Family Pack, just install!

If you got the Family Pack and it's on your computer, why not just copy it to a CD and then install it on your other computer?

It does seem like you should be able to use it from a shared folder on a network, though. That's how Filemaker used to work, in the olden days, anyway.

If you bought the Family Pack, wiser people would have to tell you if you should already have more than one serial number. I'm not familiar with that. I suspect that if you don't, then you can only use it on one home computer at a time. Hmm, but that's a question answered in your license agreement, I bet.

Frank

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.