PowerBook Battery

G

goodfaery

I have a PowerBook G4 which I love dearly. It has been working perfectly until now. I noticed yesterday when I started it that the battery icon in the menu bar had a cross though it and when I clicked on it, it told me that there were no batteries available - I have not touched the battery in the three months I have had my PowerBook!
I have had it plugged in to a power source and the connection glows green - however as soon as I unplug it the computer dies and the date and time reset when I restart it after I have plugged it in. Clearly it isn't charging and I don't know why.

Can anyone tell me why I can't my computer isn't charging?? Is there something seriously wrong with it??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
I think you should go to the Apple.com support website and read up on how to RESET THE POWER MANAGEMENT UNIT. There's a section for it in the Powerbook help topics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.