airport=no scanning on USB printer

G

graysheep

So I just got a new airport so I can forget about having wires stapled to the walls and ceilings of my home. Everything has been fine, except I cannot use my scanner through the USB on the airport. I can print just fine. But It will not allow me to scan anything. Very frustrating. Any help would be awesomeology!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I don't believe you can use a scanner wirelessly. but just incase, check to see if your drivers are the most up to date versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Airport USB will only do Wireless Printing.

OP
G

graysheep

thanks duders. Well that sucks. I really am tired of throwing my money at this company and only getting crap in my hands, coated with white enamel and brushed-metal apple symbols.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
graysheep said:
thanks duders. Well that sucks. I really am tired of throwing my money at this company and only getting crap in my hands, coated with white enamel and brushed-metal apple symbols.

Even in Windows Scanners usually do not scan over a network. There is an option in OSX Tiger if you have the scanner on one mac that it will share over the network with all the other Macs. Works great but you need the scanner plugged into one of the macs with Tiger.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Right..... Good luck finding any scanners that will work wirelessly thru a "printer" server on any operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Nowhere does apple claim to support wireless scanning either...
A quick post here beforehand could have told you that, so don't blame apple because you didn't do your homework.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.