Can MACS stream web audio?

M

manxanne

I have been approached by a client who wants links on their webpage so that when clicked they play a small audio clip.

The audio would be mp3. Many of the people who will be accessing their site will be using macs. Is there a way that mac users can play web-based audio clips without first having to download the audio clip?

Looking for a method that enables both windows and mac based users to access the audio files so that it opens a small player and streams the audio. Is there a method?

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
:dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well if it's a regular mp3 file embeded in a page, safari will just play it in the browser using quicktime...

No need to download it.

Alternatively look into a flash based solution.

OP
M

manxanne

Aptmunich said:
Well if it's a regular mp3 file embeded in a page, safari will just play it in the browser using quicktime...

No need to download it.

Alternatively look into a flash based solution.

Many thanks for your answer...I'm not familiar with accessing the web via Macs myself - so wasn't sure how it worked. So is it that you don't have to download an audio clip to play it - that it will play as streaming audio using Safari browser with Quicktime? Just wanna make sure I've understood before i get back to the client.

Thanks again :yinyang:

Reaction score
They're not as primitive as you think!

They'll play pretty much anything you throw at them. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.