Powerbook Ti and 2 Airport cards

W

wepoo

Hey all here's my problem:

I have a 1Ghz Ti-powerbook. It has the inbuilt airport card and I want to use a secondary Airport card in the PCMCIA slot to attach an external antenna for much longer distance wireless and also passive wireless scanning.

So is it possible to have two airport cards running in the one powerbook and how do I installl the second one?

note: I do have another wireless card that works in the PCMCIA slot but It doesnt have an external antanna connector and I would prefer the airport card because they don't protrude for the case at all.

HELP! :)

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The AirPort card is not supposed to be used in a PC card slot, and probably won't be recognized if you stuck it in. I'm also not sure if you could find an external antenna that would work with the AirPort card. (By itself, the AirPort card does not have an antenna at all. When installed in the AirPort card, it connects to the antenna built into the PowerBook.)

You can use a PC card, of course, and you could use both the PC card and an AirPort card simultaneously. Maybe you could use the PC card only when you need the better reception, and leave it out when you don't.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.