warranty or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro: 2.16 ghz intel core duo, 256 mb video ram, 2 gb ram, 120 gb hd.
Hello,

I am planning on getting a macbook pro for college this fall and was wondering if the 3 yrs of protection provided in the apple care protection plan is worth the money or not.

Thanks,
Scatman

M

menace3054

it is worth the money, but you do not have to shell it out up front. wait until it gets close to the 10-11 month mark, and then you can buy it if you still have the computer. but repairs on apples are pretty costly, and youll be happy that you have the coverage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Yes, it is definitely worth the money, and you being a student you will save $100 bucks on it. I purchased apple care a month ago and it has already paid for itself more than a few times. Like menace3054 said, you have the entire year to get it so that will give you time to save up some money.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro: 2.16 ghz intel core duo, 256 mb video ram, 2 gb ram, 120 gb hd.
so i can get the comp, wait 11 months and get the warranty?? Say it breaks after 6 months, can i buy the warranty and send it in immediatly??

thanks for the fast replies,
Scatman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
the computer comes with a 1 year warrenty when you buy it. If it breaks before then, bring it into an apple store or call apple. They'll fix it, no worries.

As for applecare, a agree, its worth it. You never know what will happen to a laptop in 3 years. Its like insurance, you pay a fee for protection, and if something happens, you won't be stuck with a dead laptop.

Reaction score
If I didn't think it would last 3 years, I wouldn't have bought it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
as previously stated, you have full coverage for repairs for one year. towards the end of that year, get applecare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
ShillAT said:
as previously stated, you have full coverage for repairs for one year. towards the end of that year, get applecare.

That's what I did, about 3 weeks ago too.

Best thing ever, especially when I consider how much my LCD screen was to replace, due to the dead pixel.

Would have been $400 out of my own pocket, but it was under the 1-year warrenty.

Being a college student, knowing that I would not have to pay for a repair for 2 more years, is the greatest feeling in the world.

:doctor:

A

Axxis22

yea, I need to get mine fixed first.. but will get the extended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i believe you can purchase the extended applecare warranty as long as you are within your original 1 year warranty.. i've had my pbook for just about 1.5 year - i didn't find any problems with it during the first 6 months.. and just as i approached 1 year - still no problems, so i decided not to get applecare since i dont see how my laptop self-destructing anytime after that..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
PLEASE use search. This has been discussed over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.