I Got My Macbook!(PICS)

Reaction score
So I FINALLY got my macbook in the mail!

I took pictures of things, and am working on reviewing my case as soon as I have time and actually use it.

1c0162ba.jpg

The beautiful macbook box. ::the excitement begins::

3fae2632.jpg

The first flap open. ::the excitement rises::

f5f61d10.jpg

The covered macbook and accesorries ::heart throbs::

3260c26a.jpg

My first boot. ::WOW::

409b3740.jpg

My sleeve. (Review on its way)

6df058b5.jpg

My sweet messenger bag with extra MB protection. (Clearance buy for 20 bucks USD)

I am finally one of you!

I love this machine.

:mac: (first post made from my macbook) :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Congrats on the macbook. I'm sure you'll love it. I know I love mine!

Your pictures remind me of when I first opened the box ... good times, good memories :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Oh mate, your getting me excited about the arrive of mine tomorrow. I feel giddy with excitement. :mac:

I've also ordered a North Face Recon II day pack rucksack to carry mine in, from an online ourdoor retailer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
ahhhh congrats! i felt the same way! where did you get that sleeve is it 13" I NEED ONE ASAP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I like that bag, its nice, and congrats on the macbook.

OP
M
Reaction score
gnat1223 said:
ahhhh congrats! i felt the same way! where did you get that sleeve is it 13" I NEED ONE ASAP!

Hey the brand is Tucano.

I havent even used it yet. But it is the right size, they had the at the computer store on campus. But i have yet to see them in stores the right size.

I'll let you know how well it works.

It was only 20 bucks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
HEY that MacBook looks like MINE :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
PunkRockTuba said:
I like that bag, its nice, and congrats on the macbook.

Me too...nice find...$20 US...!!!

Enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb 7,200rpm hard drive
Mine just came today and it is the coolest computer EVER! especialy coming from windoze

OP
M
Reaction score
yzmxer93 said:
Mine just came today and it is the coolest computer EVER! especialy coming from windoze

I know right. Have you used FrontRow yet? When the computer switches to it it is AMAZING. It is so sleek. When playing itunes use the remote and click the menu button and the desktop gets farther away and fades and the new stuff comes up. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT. It is amazing.

The only bad part is the iSight isn't as good of a camera as I thought, it looks pretty much like my camera phone. But oh well.

Macs are easy to use, I was kind of sheepish about a new OS but its so user friendly and easy.

Good Luck with yours!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Yeay I got mine today :)

Wow how nice is it! I'm well chuffed. All the people in my office say it's a sexy lappy. I just had to agree.

Spent lunchtime configuring and adjusting and playing with all the new apps. Tonite I'm gonna have to damage it and put winXP on it for my PDA :(

Anyone know how to shim down Mac OS? I feel it's quite bloated and it swallowing a good chunk of hardrive. Would a neat install do the trick?

Cheers
Sym

OP
M
Reaction score
symondavis said:

Wow how nice is it! I'm well chuffed. All the people in my office say it's a sexy lappy. I just had to agree.

Spent lunchtime configuring and adjusting and playing with all the new apps. Tonite I'm gonna have to damage it and put winXP on it for my PDA :(

Anyone know how to shim down Mac OS? I feel it's quite bloated and it swallowing a good chunk of hardrive. Would a neat install do the trick?

Cheers
Sym

You can uninstall the pre-installed software. On mine it took up about 8 gigs. I left it on there as I might want it and am getting an external drive shortly. But a clean install wouldnt do anything but remove all programs(if it even does that). You should just uninstall like GarageBand, iPhoto, iMovie etc etc.

That should give a 2 or 3 gigs

How big is your HDD?

And supossedly you can remove other languages and such.

Heres a TUT on how to get some gigs back...

http://www.lifehacker.com/software/top/free-up-hard-drive-space-on-your-mac-157170.php

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
symondavis said:

Cheers
Sym

My boyfriend just reinstalled the entire OS again.. and didn't install programs that he wasn't going to us.. such as garageband..etc.. everything that comes preinstalled...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sweet I'll give them all a go.

I've only got an 80Gb currently, as well as FTP access to my Xbox which has 300Gb.

Cheers people.

Sym

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
symondavis said:

What PDA do you have? I'm assuming WinCE / PocketPC based. Have a search on the forum for MissingSync and see if that enables you to sync with OS X and avoid damaging it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a QTEK 2020i or HTC Alpine running WinMobile 2003SE

I've already looked at missing sync but it wont allow the install of applications to the device in Mac cause of the stupid windows installers plus the list does not state my device.
.cab files I can transfer to the PDA easy as pie and install from Mac cause I could send them via BlueTooth.

Reaction score
Man, those pictures are making me drool! I'd love to have a Macbook, it has plenty speed, it is very portable, but why does apple have to ruin everything with that Intel GMA 950?? Guess nothing is perfect afterall, sign.... Anyway, congrats on your new Macbook, it is looking mighty good.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.