Trouble e-mailing multiple photos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
iPhoto pictures spontaneously corrupted?

1) Several individual pictures in iPhoto library have become corrupted in some way. These few will NOT move to e-mail and no longer even show up when I click on them. Each of these uncooperative pix have transferred to e-mail successfully in the past so can't explain it. None have been altered but now they are identified as "unreadable" when I locate them in individual folders -- impossible to import/export/save or anything else. They show up normally in iPhoto library but when I click on them all that shows on the screen is gray dashed-line outline box with a "!" exclamation point in the middle. What's happening? Have I lost them?

2) Also...How to resize iPhoto pix to my own specs and send in my chosen size/resolution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
1) that is an interesting problem, exporting the picture to your desktop or another folder may work out well for you. otherwise i would go into disk utility and check to make sure your hd is working correctly

2) you can export a picture and select its sizes through that feature, it is in a dropdown in iphoto

3) im tired, ill help more tomorrow if i ever make it home alive
-chris

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
FYI...figured out with help from ProCare "genius" today. Conficting/multiple files for same image (easily identified) causing the problem. Basically artifact from my previous PC filing methods carried over to new OS where serves no purpose other than to mess things up. Everything's fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
asolo said:
FYI...figured out with help from ProCare "genius" today. Conficting/multiple files for same image (easily identified) causing the problem. Basically artifact from my previous PC filing methods carried over to new OS where serves no purpose other than to mess things up. Everything's fine.

what?????? i am so confused by the solution to that problem
-chris

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
what?????? i am so confused by the solution to that problem
-chris

My previous (PC) filing system involved multiple copies of some pix with identical meta-data imbedded. Identical because my camera was set to begin new (rather than continuous sequential) numbering of the pix being taken. Upon transfer of pix from from PC, and with my inexperience with the new Mac, some of these ended up in multiple locations/folders/files in addition to iPhoto library. In a few instances, this duplication freaked the system out so that it wouldn't allow normal transfers of some pix from location to location. Problem solved by finding the duplicates using Mac's search function and deleting the conflicting duplicates. I believe I could also have solved it by renaming the pix, but not sure. I did it the easy way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.