Anti-virus...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
Should I invest in anti-virus... just got new back macbooks.. (white and black) about 3 weeks ago... I know there aren't viruses only like 4 trojans but still just to be safe...

if so what do you guys recommend??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I wouldn't bother spending any money on it. You'd never get any return on investment. However, running something like clamXav (freeware, http://www.markallan.co.uk/clamXav/) would be nice if you regularly send stuff to Windows machines/users from your Mac. Stop a virus that didn't affect you from affecting them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Here you will find couple of links, which may interest you. I have invested on Intego but so far I haven't got a single warning.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
thanks for the insight i will look into it :)

M

menace3054

i would always recommend an antivirus program. if you ever network with pcs, it may be possible to spread a virus that you downloaded to them, although it wont directly affect your computer. a good program that i recommend is intego virus barrier, it uses minimal resources and works very well.

Reaction score
I've had 2 placed in quarantine , BUT they won't hurt the Mac.
capture0tu.jpg

M

menace3054

jram said:
I've had 2 placed in quarantine , BUT they won't hurt the Mac.
capture0tu.jpg

do you use norton? i used to use them but i felt like it slowed my system down soooo much

Reaction score
do you use norton
I use NIS, I got it as a present. I would never buy it , I would use a free AV. I ran it disabled and on and found no difference in performance, you don't even know it's running. The Virus/Trojan scare is to force users to buy a AV, it's mostly hype.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please try the search. This has been discussed ad nauseum and you'll definitely find something.

Search first....always the best motto.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.