Clearing up some space...

I

iRizzo

I am looking to clear up some space on my HD. I was looking through the Applications and noticed a lot of stuff I probably wouldn't ever use. I am new to Macs so I was wondering if there are any Apps/Programs/etc. that I won't ever need and can delete to make some space for other stuff that I will use. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :black:

OP
M

menace3054

stuff i deleted off the bat... office trial, iwork, idvd, imovie, iweb, garageband and its entire library (like over 2 gigs), mail (i use entourage), ical (same thing), address book (same thing)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
yeah. if you've never opened a program at this point, just ditch it. I don't think there are any programs out there to delete apps based on usage, so I would jsut go through with it yourself.

also, maybe put some stuff on external cd's. you can get a whole bunch of CD-RW's from like costco for cheap, and you can dump apps you don't use that much onto them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.