Best Value Upgrade - Beige G3?

J

JonDesign

Hey there everybody. I just recently picked up an old Beige G3 300mzh / 8gig HD / 312 RAM. Funny, my employer was going to chunk it, so I rescued it.

From what I can tell, everything works OK. I'm interested in hearing suggestions on good, value-conscious upgrades to help boost this old box. I'm not looking to make this a specimen to be admired, just one that has good, speedy performance for home-based stuff and some graphics work (Illustrator, Pshop, etc).

Thanks,

Jon

OP
M

masterjedi73

JonDesign said:
Hey there everybody. I just recently picked up an old Beige G3 300mzh / 8gig HD / 312 RAM. Funny, my employer was going to chunk it, so I rescued it.

From what I can tell, everything works OK. I'm interested in hearing suggestions on good, value-conscious upgrades to help boost this old box. I'm not looking to make this a specimen to be admired, just one that has good, speedy performance for home-based stuff and some graphics work (Illustrator, Pshop, etc).

Thanks,

Jon

Hey Jon -

Check out the Feb 2004 issue of MacAddict. They had a whole section in there on how to upgrade your mac, and mentioned the old beige ones specifically. The article seemed pretty thorough, too.

GL.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.