OQO and OS X?

F

Fat Blagger

Hi, I'm new here, but since I'm sick and tired of Apple's socalled "service" and lack of QC, here in Europe, I was wondering what to do. I already thought of getting a thinkpad and put OS X on it (and I will be doing that soon enough), but I also wonder if anyone has tried putting OS X on the OQO?

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible?

FB

P.S. Not sure if this is the right place to put this thread, but here's to hoping [lifts the long tube of crystal in his right hand]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You won't be able to put OSX on a ThinkPad or the OQO.

OP
F

Fat Blagger

D3v1L80Y said:
You won't be able to put OSX on a ThinkPad or the OQO.

I am pretty sure that it is possible to get OS X to work on a thinkpad (or some other PC), but what about the OQO? Why wouldn't I be able to get it to run on there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Fat Blagger said:
I am pretty sure that it is possible to get OS X to work on a thinkpad (or some other PC), but what about the OQO? Why wouldn't I be able to get it to run on there?
Because OSX requires EFI and not BIOS like the OQO and ThinkPad. Also, OSX is designed to only boot on machines that have a special security chip. So, for those reasons you will not be able to install OSX on either of those machines.
Before you or anyone else decides to reply otherwise, keep in mind that you would have to do some serious hacking which would constitue piracy and illegal activity, which if you read the Forum Rules, you would know that is not open for discussion here.

OP
F

Fat Blagger

Ah, okay then. Hacking isn't exactly up my alley anyways. Looks like I will be going with linux instead then.

I just hope I can get a good audio (editor) programme to run in linux :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.