xserve RAID question.

E

exu

Want to know if this scenario is possible or even worth while. Will I get any performance boost with the following configuration.

1 Power Mac G5
2 Fiber Channel Cards Installed
hooked to
2 Xserve RAIDS

will be striped to be one big redundant volume.

Level 3 or 5

I want to know what kind throughput this set up would perform at.

thanks

OP
T

Temp

I can't answer your question, however, like yourself I am very interested in knowing the answer to that question myself.

OP
T

Temp

Hello! Is anybody out there?!!!

This forum (XServe Servers) is always so sluggish. This is either the board members least favorite subject; or it is the one subject they know very little about.

One of my old post that I made on this forum is still on the front page. It isn't even at the bottom of the page yet. That tells me how often this forum is used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
most of the users on the board are just casual users who use the macs at home.....not many business users on here

OP
T

Temp

Ahh, so it is a business machine, and not something a home user would invest in.

From what little I know, exu's configurations would make a powerful graphic art computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well im not really sure but there aren't too many people on here who are into everything serious enough to get a serious rig like that

OP
T

Temp

The money, don't forget the money.

Xserver RAIDS? Yikes!! When I saw the price tag I said, "Wow! Why stop there when I could just buy the Apple Store?!"

I will have to lick my wounds after I buy my G5. It will take months to recover financially.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.