Volume Control on MacBook Pro

J

jeffjeff

I have set my volume in System Prefs (I like it full) and everytime I restart the voluime is lowered. This did not happen on my old Laptop. Is there a way to lock it?

Thanks,

JJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
I had the same issue with my Core Duo iMac until installing the 10.4.7 update. Now, my volume setting is restored to where I left it after every re-start. If you haven't grabbed the latest OS update, I'd try that. If you have, then I'm at a loss.

Mark

OP
J

jeffjeff

geekboy2000 said:
I had the same issue with my Core Duo iMac until installing the 10.4.7 update. Now, my volume setting is restored to where I left it after every re-start. If you haven't grabbed the latest OS update, I'd try that. If you have, then I'm at a loss.

Mark
Thanks, but I am completely updated. I appreciate the quick reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
My MBP did the same thing when I first got it. But now it doesn't. I'm not sure what I did if anything other then updates. But you said you're already up to date. Maybe it'll just fix itself like mine did.

Reaction score
Sorry for being mean, but volume being lowered is not part of the Macbook Pro, but the os. You should have this thread moved to the operating system part of the forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.