Development

J

Jonathan

Hey guys, what would be the best programming language to get into on a Applee machine? Would C++ be my best bet? If so, I have a few books for it, but they are all geared for the PC. If anyone has any good tutorials online that they know of that would be great. Or if you suggest a different language, please tell me!

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Thanks to XCode 2 you can work with many major programming languages. However the choice of "best programming lanuage" depends of your personal needs. First of you should decide what you want to do with it. Java and C++ are classical programming languages but unfortunately there are only a limited amount of online resources available for Mac users. But if you are interested in C++ I would recommend you C++ Primer

OP
J

Jonathan

I would like to start out making small multiplatform applications. I have heard that Real Basic is equivalent to Visual Basic for the PC. Should I attempt to start a learning curve with that?

Thanks for that link, btw.

Edit: Also, if you know of any online tutorials for free, thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.