• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Audio delay in iDVD

Z

Zimmerb61

I created a presintation on CGI in the movies and use some clips from different moives. After creating it in iMovie, I pushed the old "Create iDVD Project" I did not add any chapters, or fancy stuff, just said burn, after picking a theme. When finished I tested it on my home DVD player and noticed some sound delay?

Now I will say, I did not wait for it to finish it's "Status" (When iDVD lunches, it does alot of background stuff) Under the Status tab. Does waiting for that make a difference?

Barry

I am using Idvd 3

OP
P

Phil O.

Zimmerb61 said:
I created a presintation on CGI in the movies and use some clips from different moives. After creating it in iMovie, I pushed the old "Create iDVD Project" I did not add any chapters, or fancy stuff, just said burn, after picking a theme. When finished I tested it on my home DVD player and noticed some sound delay?

Now I will say, I did not wait for it to finish it's "Status" (When iDVD lunches, it does alot of background stuff) Under the Status tab. Does waiting for that make a difference?

Barry

I am using Idvd 3

Barry:

I am having the same problem and I determined that it is something to do with iMovie, not iDVD. My movie had transitions and title clips between scenes. When I removed the transitions and title clips, I was able to successfully burn a DVD using iDVD if I first exported my project from iMovie to Quicktime, then brought the Quicktime movie file into iDVD.

I still have to call Macintosh tech support because I would like to use all of the iMovie features and burn DVDs with in synch sound.

-Phil O.

OP
Z

Zimmerb61

Cool

Phil O. said:
Barry:

I am having the same problem and I determined that it is something to do with iMovie, not iDVD. My movie had transitions and title clips between scenes. When I removed the transitions and title clips, I was able to successfully burn a DVD using iDVD if I first exported my project from iMovie to Quicktime, then brought the Quicktime movie file into iDVD.

I still have to call Macintosh tech support because I would like to use all of the iMovie features and burn DVDs with in synch sound.

-Phil O.

Phil,

Thanks, I will try that, it is very disapointing to have that delay, it's like those old bad fu-fu movies!

Barry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.