ihome 2go

S

supenguin

A couple days ago, my wife and I were in Aldi's - a store that sells groceries at a great price. They have some surprising things there on occasion. This time, the surprise was one of those ipod speaker sets with alarm clock. It was $69.99. Previously, the best price I've seen on anything like this was $99.99.

It looks like a decent system and says its compatible with all universal dock ipods and even comes with a bit that allows you to hook up a Nano. The one thing I wasn't sure about it, is it compatible with an ipod shuffle? That's the only kind of ipod I have right now. Every one of these I've seen before comes with a headphone style input connector, so you can hook up a Shuffle. But I want to be able to use it as an alarm clock and also use the included remote to adjust the volume and navigate my playlist.

Does anyone with an Ipod Shuffle have one of these:

http://usa.aldi.com/special_purchases_01/product_271.html

-Kenny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
i don't have an iPod shuffle, nor seen this unit in person, but I've seen iHomes, and they use the Dock Connector to plug into the unit, so no, you can't hook up iPod shuffles to the unit as there's no USB slot or headphones, just the dock connector.

OP
S

SHNAKE

It comes with a little male to male 3.5mm wire to go from the headphone output on your shuffle to the line in on you ihome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.