PowerPC vs Intel Screen

T

tjmoore

I bought a PowerPc iMac a few months ago just before the new Intel iMacs came out. Yesterday I bought the new Intel iMac and received today.

Both are side by side and I have noticed that the Intel iMac's screen is no where near as clear and sharp as the old PowerPC iMac’s screen

I have checked the settings and they are the same on both iMac's

Has anyone else noticed this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
no but could it be the brightness??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
definately double check to make sure all the settings are at their best the screens i believe are the exact same
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Maybe it is a problem with the particular piece. I have also seen the two at the apple corner and they looked exactly the same (and i'm pretty sure about the screen cause that was my main area of concern).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
Yeah I would check the brightness settings ( F14 + F15)

Reaction score
Also check they are using the same colour profile. But the fact that you say its the sharpness seems to suggest its not the brightness or colour profiles. Maybe you could enquire in an apple store, or give apple a call and see what they say?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.