Internet Network wanted:Macbook to iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
I'll go thru this step by step.

I have an ADSL router and an ethernet cable to my Macbook. Internet OK on Macbook. I have tried to get my iBook wirelessly onto the internet also via the Macbook.
I created a network from the Macbook called "Macbooks computer".
When I open my iBook I have a tick against "Macbooks Computer" in the dropbox under the wireless icon which has now become a network icon.
HOWEVER
I don't get internet on the iBook!
SO
I open internet connect, and under airport it says power on and strong signal.
Under Summary it says "Airport:computer to computer."
When i open system prefs and go to Network it shows an amber light against airport and says Airport is connected to the computer to computer network Macbooks Computer.

The strange thing is I'm sure I got internet to the iBook once earlier on.

If there are two ways, with and without security, I'd love to know them both.( I have searched thru threads and always find there's a term i don't know or something).

Any advice mucho appreciado...please make it step by step and assume nothing about my computer lingo abilities.

Thanx from rainy season in Siam!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
instead of creating a wireless network, use the sharing sys pref to share your internet over airport.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
MacsWork said:
instead of creating a wireless network, use the sharing sys pref to share your internet over airport.

Fantastic!! Done it and the key was to press "start"!

One more question:
If I'm picking up wireless internet in a coffee shop, can I also run both my laptops off the one internet link (if I buy access by the hour). In other words pick up on my macbook and transmit to my iBook also.
(I live in Chiangmai Thailand where there's not much free internet in such places....but there are other compensations!!)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.