port forwarding for mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

excel

Hey guys, does anyone know how to set up port forwarding on a linksys wireless router? does port forwarding really make that much of a difference to the speed of downloading torrent files? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yes it makes a huge difference
log into your router using the supplied ip address and password that your router gave you.

go into port forwarding or routing or whatever it is called, create a 'profile' for your bittorrent program, select your ports (the higher the better), and then set your bittorrent program to use those ports.

you can also use the forum search to find the answer to this it has been covered many times
-chris

OP
E

excel

Ok thanks, I've done a search, now how do i know if I've set up port forwarding correctly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
everything should go faster, if you use azerus you can run the test thing and it will tell you if you are firewalled or nat error'd
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Closing, duplicate thread, please use your other one. And in the future, don't crosspost....

This is also in the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.