• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

College Students...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
technologist said:
What about really, really boring classes?

And for non-students, really really boring meetings?

well... you know that guy that hits on your girlfriend in her class? thats me.

as for meetings... the few work meetings I have im usually pretty active in them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
Graphite said:
well... you know that guy that hits on your girlfriend in her class? thats me.

as for meetings... the few work meetings I have im usually pretty active in them.

graphite is just being this way because he is jealous that he never actually went to, nor will ever graduate, college
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
your right, I did not ever go to a college. I went to a university... and im going to be accepted to a grad school of my choice so... im pretty sure I will graduate :biohazard

and coach is just jealous I convinced his girlfriend to break up with him for one date with me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook 1gb ram 60gb HD... 1gb Ipod Nano (white)
D3v1L80Y said:
hehe... in my classes you need to bring your laptop to class.

Same with the university I went to. Everyone that went to that college got a laptop from the school so pretty much everyone brought a laptop into class.

I just bought a laptop sleeve and then put it in my backpack, dont know what kind it was but it did the job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I brought my laptop to class in its lovely pink case and the professor looked at me funny.

(Then again, he wasn't a very nice professor, but that's another story.)

Actually, the main reason I brought the lappy was because I didn't want to print out the 100+ pages of reading that the aforementioned professor assigned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Back when I was in school (Advanced computer systesm technology), I was the only person in my entire course with a Mac.. Of course, I heard "mac's suck.. why';d you buy a mac" blah blah blah.. But hey, mine never locked up or crashed when trying to use it for its intended purpose.. Regardless, the case I used for a while, was this aluminum executive style briefcase.. It held my 15" Powerbook perfectly and had a slot for some cd's and a cat5 cable... I then changed to a "Powerdata" padded case as it was bigger and I was getting sick of putting my charger in my pocket. This Powerdata case I have is pretty slick.. It has a sleeve that the laptop goes in, then you put that sleeve in the actual case.. So if I did want to use my backpack (which I'm thinking of doing), I could just use that sleeve and not the entire case.

D

DutchApples

I use a standard Targus Laptop case that has a front flip to hold cellphone, cigarettes, pens, etc. and a part on back to place papers. I rarely take books to class if I even buy them since I noticed many professors teach from lecture notes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.