problems with address book

M

moviemedic

Has anyone had problems with address book losing all the addresses. I have imac intel core duo with 2,000 emails, when all of a sudden they were all gone. I don't know what happened. It keeps happening. It is random, but usually happens when adding a new address poof all gone. Good thing I backed them up.
Any help appreciated, Apple did not know what to say last time I called. I reinstalled all the software.

Thanks,
moviemedic

Reaction score
The program probably can't handle having that many email address or wasn't made for that many, I hope your not spamming people with those emails 'SPAMMING IS EVIL'.

What are the specs of your iMac, do you have enough memory installed ?

OP
M

moviemedic

No I am not spamming. I agree it is evil. I don't like junk mail. These are my contacts.

I have 512MB of ram and CPU 1.83GHz. Does this help.

Thanks
moviemedic

Reaction score
512 isn't much ram for a Mac as the system uses a lot, so you could try boosting the ram up to 1 Gig.

Everytime you do something new with the program remember to save it as if it's not saved it will be building up in the ram and can cause crashes. I should think that it is because the program is under a lot of strain rather than anything else. I can remember 'iPhoto' having problems with large amounts of photos. It would slow down and crash. Now it's been improved so maybe the 'address book' will be too if this is the problem.

Have you ran maintenance scripts at late ? and is 'address book' the only program that is crashing ?

OP
M

moviemedic

I think I should add more RAM as well. It can't hurt. I did have problems with garageband as well. It just would not load and start. After reinstalling the whole system it starting working.
Probably the first thing I should do is try adding the RAM.

Thanks for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.