DUALSCREEN in Windows on Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
I have been using an iBook for years using both the iBook screen and an external monitor a la Rute Moeller.
Just got a black Macbook and of course I can do so with that also in OSX.
HOWEVER:
I just opened a site I use for the stockmarket in WIndows via Bootcamp. One of it's links will only open in Windows which was one of my reasons for buying Macbook. I just discovered the external screen doesn't show it. In fact it doesn't even light up.
How can i use dualscreen mode in Windows please? This is really essential as I like to watch DVDs on the external monitor too.

thanx in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
Try this: With your second monitor connected to your Macbook, open Display properties (in Control Panel), select the Settings tab and then select your second monitor. Underneath should be an option you can tick that says 'Extend desktop to this monitor' or something like that. I'd test it for you now on my MB Pro but I'm at work :p but that worked on my old HP laptop.

Alternatively there's a great multi-monitor managing program for Windows called Ultramon but it may not be worth the cost if that's all you use Windows for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i think you can also hit option(or function or FN or whatever that key is supposed to be) and F7 to bring up the display options in winxp
-chris

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
Thankyou both for your replies.

I have gone to settings in display in control panel, but it doesn't seem to realize there's a second display there. The mini DVI looks to be in just fine and works for OSX.

Mmmm? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
All Windows questions belong in the Windows forum as the sticky at the TOP of every forum states.

Moving....

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3
errrr....where's the Windows forum?

OK OK it's under Bootcamp sorry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.