Help .mac question

D

donna15

I have had been using .mac for my email for a long time and do not want to spend $100.00 renewing it just for email .I do not want to loose all my emails but have no way to back them up . It is like they got you Apple does not let you back up your .mac emails on your hard drive .. Does anyone have an idea on how to do this , so I can cancel and get a gmail account and not loose all of my emails with addresses ..HELP ! :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You could start a Gmail account now and just forward all of your .Mac email to the Gmail address... :black:
Or you could configure Mail to download your .Mac email, too.

OP
D

donna15

You could start a Gmail account now and just forward all of your .Mac email to the Gmail address... foward each one seperatly I have thousands ?

Or you could configure Mail to download your .Mac email, too. I am not sure I understand this ....
... download your .Mac email, too what and how ? thanks :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Set up an account the program Mail to accept .Mac accounts - see the Preferences to Add Account :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, but Mail has a special profile for .mac accounts that uses IMAP, which stores the messages on the server AFAIK?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
hmmm... it has options for IMAP and .Mac, would .Mac still store on a server :-\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.