I-Pod Video Troubles..

X

xxxx

Well.. I had my i pod video for a while now; loved it an enjoy it; I listen to it at work; it takes the stress off my day of listening to people complain about their interent and us not getting a tech out and so on. Well... now it keeps giving me the dreaded sick ipod face; and the missing folder icon; it kind of reminds me of a tomagotchi... well; what can I do to remedy this issue? I've had to let the power die out; and then plug it up; and it reformats like the day I bought it; and restores it back up; but that is getting old. Can I delete everything off of it from the disk-utility program and then run the restore? Or should I not have alot of videos on it? Thanks for the input.

Todd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
vids should make no difference...

why run disk utility? just use the most recent iPod updater (available off of apple's website) and click "restore" and that will set it back to factory settings.

OP
X

xxxx

it doesnt seem to work it comes to that it saies "An error has occured while trying to restore this I=pod"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
hmm...

that's weird, try taking it to an apple genius at any apple store's genius bar. see if they can fix it.

OP
J

jlbrew3

geniuses know a lot

theyll fix it.....or just give you a new one if its under warranty

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem except I've had my Video for not 24 hours and I get the sad iPod. Mine doesn't show up in Finder though and when its plugged into my iBook the pictures cycle from the sad ipod to the battery with an exclamation mark to the battery with a lightning bolt that isn't animated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
Samsonite said:
I have the exact same problem except I've had my Video for not 24 hours and I get the sad iPod. Mine doesn't show up in Finder though and when its plugged into my iBook the pictures cycle from the sad ipod to the battery with an exclamation mark to the battery with a lightning bolt that isn't animated.

yeah, sounds defective. return it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.