Video inputs for a MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Just wondering whilst waiting for my MacBook to be delivered.

Do Kworlds USB capture devices work on the MacBook? Cause I have an old analogue camcorder Hi8 type. The only output from that is 3 RCA connectors red,white & yellow.

Currently I have a TV tuner card in my PC to take in the video but I'm gonna be selling the PC once all data is removed and put onto Mac.

Or if there's any alternative cheap devices that allow this with Mac?

Thanks in advance.
Sym

Reaction score
I'm not 100 percent sure, but you could possibly buy a USB adapter that would work on both pc and mac. So it would go out the MB usb and the camcorders input would go in the adapter.

I just dont know what the the r/y/w input device is called or I would find one for you.

If you can find one of those adapter im pretty sure you could use it on your mac.

have a nice night

OP
symondavis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
I have no idea what your on about mate.

Firstly, Yes a USB device like one of KWorlds for example. Doesnt need to work on PC cause I'm selling PC.

Secondly, R,Y,W RCA conctors are not a device but the 3 coloured RCA connectors from A/V equipment like Xbox, Camcorders, DVD players, Video's etc etc. I have no need to find them. I know where they are.

I've seen this USB capture device from KWorld but don't know if it's Mac compatable. KWorld's DVD Maker

I know KWorld products are a little funny with drivers etc cause my TV Tunder Card is a beast to setup and use in WinXP.

Reaction score
Lol, sorry, that was exactly what I was trying to tell you to get. Most USB devices work with mac. But if its pretty expensive I would just go to DVD Maker's contact information and would send an email before you buy it.

Email KWORLD here

It doesnt look like it works for mac. But You can probably find something somehwere.

I'm not sure EXACTLY what you are looking for but here is a link to a place with several mac usb capter devices.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just bought a Terratec Cinergy XS hybrid TV adapter.

It can reveive digital terrestrial TV and also has analog s-video & composite inputs.

Costs 129€ here in Germany and comes with Elgato's EyeTV software...

I think it's normally Windows only, but Gravis has a special mac edition of the product that's bundled with EyeTV.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have the Plextor ConvertX which works great but the cost is sort of high. It also comes with Elgato's EyeTV Software which I really love. Elgato also has many Capture devices but they are not the cheepest out there, but probably the best.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.