iMac G3 - Wierd Problem ARRGH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
Hi i have an imac g3 running tiger (10.4.7)

When i startup i get the chime, then a grey box with a world symbol comes up and it flashes for a few mins then it eventually boots up my OS.

i have tried different hard disks, erased my HD and i still get this little world symbol. I have no idea what is goin on and i cant get rid of it. I have even tried without a HD and i still get hte world symbol, and it wont boot of a disk.

Does anyone have any clue about this

Thankyou , im becoming very frustrated.-

Y

yorg30

HI, I have an iMac G3, bondi Blue, running Panther. I am unable to use outlook 2001, since I don't have classic (OS 9), I got rid off it. So, I wonder if I go back to Classic (OS 9), I mean install it again, would I be able to use MS Outlook 2001 without any problem? And, What Word processing program would be compatible with OS 9, MS Word 2001 or MS 2004? I don't want to use MS office (entourage) because it cost a lot of money, my iMac
does't have much memory left, and since this is an old computer, it runs very slow.

Please help! Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.