Rise of Nations Gold Edition

J

JJM83

Hello all......... having trouble playing this game on my PowerBook, I easily have all the requirements to play it but yet it keeps quitting unexpectedly and its getting annoying... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! :)

this is the report its giving me...

**snip**

just trying to get help with something.... thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
PLEASE do not post an entire log file. Save it as a text file, host it somewhere and link to the download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Search on google or check with your host. However no one, and I mean no one will read 3 giant posts of error log.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
First thing you might want to try is completely removing the game from your computer. Do a Spotlight search and trash any and every file associated with it without ANY exceptions.
Once you have done that, get out your CD and reinstall it.
You might also want to try repairing permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This might seem a little silly, but have you cleaned your discs? Make sure that the CD's aren't dirty, pitted or marked in any way and try reinstalling it again.

OP
J

JJM83

The disc is perfect... I just recieved it in the mail about an hour ago.... went to install it and as soon as i started the game it did that.... im really pi$$ed.... if i cant get it to work its gonna be a waste of $50......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Okay, let's backtrack a little.
What, exactly, are the specs on your Mac?
Assuming it is newer than the 2004 release of that game, you may need to check with Microsoft's site for some updates perhaps.
Still, posting what exactly you are running might help get to the bottom of this.

OP
J

JJM83

Model: PowerBook5,8, BootROM 4.9.6f0, 1 processors, PowerPC G4 (1.5), 1.67 GHz, 1 GB
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9700, ATY,RV360M11, AGP, 128 MB
Memory Module: SODIMM0/J20STANDARD, 512 MB, DDR2 SDRAM, PC2-4200S-444
Memory Module: SODIMM1/J23REVERSED, 512 MB, DDR2 SDRAM, PC2-4200S-444
AirPort: AirPort Extreme, 404.2 (3.90.34.0.p16)
Modem: Jump, , V.92, Version 1.0,
Bluetooth: Version 1.7.5f10, 2 service, 1 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
Network Service: Built-in Ethernet, Ethernet, en0
PCI Card: pci106b,4318, sppci_othernetwork, SLOT-A
PCI Card: TXN,PCIXXXX-00, cardbus, PC Card
PCI Card: usb, usb, USB20
PCI Card: usb, usb, USB20
PCI Card: usb, ehci, USB20
Parallel ATA Device: ST9808211A, 74.53 GB
Parallel ATA Device: MAT****ADVD-R UJ-846, 792.76 MB
USB Device: Bluetooth HCI, , Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA
USB Device: Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad, Apple Computer, Up to 12 Mb/sec, 500 mA

OP
J

jdboom1877

Having Same issue

I am having the same issue. I use to be able to play it with no rpoblem, but since the latest update from Apple it keeps quiting each time I click an icon within the application.

OP
J

just4funuk

Rise of Nations

jdboom1877 said:
I am having the same issue. I use to be able to play it with no rpoblem, but since the latest update from Apple it keeps quiting each time I click an icon within the application.

Thought I had read somewhere about users experincing problems with OS X 10.4.7 update and Rise of Nations .Apparently its not, its down to a Quicktime update that came out around the same time.

Anywhere here is the post I read hope its of some help.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=213934

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.