WMV's in iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Along with thousands of MP3's, I ripped a couple hundred tunes on my PC in WMV format. These appear not to transfer to iTunes on the Mac.

I know how to convert them to MP3 format on the PC. Wondering if my iMac has capability of doing this more simply or if there is some procedure available for getting them over to iTunes that I am not aware of. What would be the best way to proceed?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
asolo said:
Along with thousands of MP3's, I ripped a couple hundred tunes on my PC in WMV format. These appear not to transfer to iTunes on the Mac.

I know how to convert them to MP3 format on the PC. Wondering if my iMac has capability of doing this more simply or if there is some procedure available for getting them over to iTunes that I am not aware of. What would be the best way to proceed?

There is a little Application called EasyWMA that will convert the Windows Media Audio files right on the Mac to MP3. It's $10 but worth it to me as I had a lot of WMA's on my one PC.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
deus_ex_machina said:

Thanks for links to these previous threads. Apparently I need to hone my research skills as I did not find them.

I have beta Flip4Mac and can play WMV's. My problem is getting iTunes to accept them into the library. EasyWMV may be the solution to that. I will check it out. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.