New eMac....some problems, help please :)

L

lovemycoffee

Hi all......this is my 3rd Mac, I almost bought an iBook, but chose the eMac instead.

I have noticed a few things....my screen seems to be tilting, meaning the difference between the black and the colored area is thicker on one side at the top that the other...not sure if this common, or if I should return it.

I am also dissapointed in the short length of the keyborad wire....it has to come up and over the front of my desk and looks bad.

This mouse seems to have a mind of it's own....I am used to having a ball on the bottom, maybe that is why......I think I maybe boy a 2 button mouse.

Any thoughts to any of this? Thanks

OP
K

Kellya1211

Try this

lovemycoffee said:
Hi all......this is my 3rd Mac, I almost bought an iBook, but chose the eMac instead.

I have noticed a few things....my screen seems to be tilting, meaning the difference between the black and the colored area is thicker on one side at the top that the other...not sure if this common, or if I should return it.

I am also dissapointed in the short length of the keyborad wire....it has to come up and over the front of my desk and looks bad.

This mouse seems to have a mind of it's own....I am used to having a ball on the bottom, maybe that is why......I think I maybe boy a 2 button mouse.

To fix your monitor problem open system preferences click on displays, click on geometry and adjust your settings until the monitor looks as you want it to look.

OP
J

JazzTrpt

lovemycoffee said:

Hey....I know exactly what you mean with Apple's keyboard wires. They are really really short...really the only fix is to go out and buy a usb extension cable which is pretty cheap and by that time you can sit halfway across the room with your keyboard.

With the optical mouse....it may be that you are using it on a very smooth surface or maybe on a shiny surface....I dunno why but whenever I use it on a surface like that it totally flips out and flies all over the screen. Try using a cloth-covered mousepad and see if that works for you.

OP
C

culturaldesign

which version of mouse is it?

the original 'pro mouse' had the click action options on the bottom, and the optical eye was alot better at being used on a smooth table surface.

we have these at work, but last week one broke and we got the newer version - with problems.

The newer 'pro mouse' has just a small hole for the optical mouse to see through at the bottom, if its this one then I'm afraid either a sheet of paper, or a cloth mouse mat is your best bet. - thats what we use at work anyhoo.

OP
B

braford

I bought a new G4 emac in late dec 2003.... I just noticed the slight tilt to the screen, will try adjusting mine too! THANKYOU! I also have a G3 ibook & I HATE the optical mouse that came with both..... I have 2 brand new ones thrown in the drawer! I use my touch pad on my ibook and I use my cordless mouse that came with my intuos 2 wacom tablet that also has the pen option which I use most in photoshop cleaning up pics..... if you have need for a wacom tablet, I see alot of designers using the pen or cordless mouse with a tablet instead of the mouse that comes with your mac.......... I had to use my design teacher's G5 yesterday and he was laughing at me cause I cannot control those **** mice! But then he's no good with a touch pad & I can do just about anything with that!

OP
J

JazzTrpt

You wanna send one of those opticals to me? I'll send you a check for the shipping cost!

OP
J

JazzTrpt

Actually...if it's one of the black ones, then I want it. If it's the white one, nevermind. I guess all the new ones are white now.

OP
B

braford

They are both the white ones! Thought I'd keep them around for emergencies...... I don't know why, would probably pitch them out the window within 30 minutes of trying to use them! I don't know why I never got used to them, part of them problem was that with my ibook, the mouse plugs in on the left side, which is fine if you are left handed! If you are right handed, you are trying to run the cord under the ibook & you are always running out of cord, especially in photoshop, so I guess I just got used to the touch pad instead, which everyone tells me is so hard.... not if I can do it!!! LOL!

OP
H

hawaiiboy

Hi all, We just bought a new mouse from Macmouse, 2 button with a scroll wheel. It looks just like the one that came with our Emac.We love it. you can check it out here http://www.macmice.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.