Nokia N80

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
Hi all,

I got myself a shiny new Nokia N80 phone the other day. Great bit of kit. I really love it. However I am wondering when iSync software will be out to so that I can sync it with the Mac rather than having to do it by hand.

The software supplied with Nokia phones is PC only. One day Nokia may wake up to the fact that there are people out there that use Macs. Thinking about it I might email them suggesting that they adapt there software for Mac use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Have you tried pairing it with the mac? I paired my Sony Ericsson K750i with my mac, then selected 'search for devices' in iSync and it picked up my phone and full sync worked immediately via SyncML - I would imagine that the N80 would be the same.

To pair your phone, set your mac to discoverable and search for it with your phone. Tell your phone to start pairing and enter a passcode, then enter the same on the mac when the prompt appears. After that, iSync should pick it up as a new device just fine.

OP
Say_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did that but it only got as far as I have done before. I get to iSync and the Mac recognises the phone but it then says that this phone is not supported by iSync. I suppose that I just have to wait for Apple to update their software.
According to the Nokia shop that I got the phone from the N80 runs on the same platform as the N70 and that is a supported phone.
Therefore it shouldn't take Apple that long to adjust their software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
does missing sync work for it?

OP
Say_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never heard of missing Sync. Will go and see if I can find it now.

OP
Say_Cheese
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not listed in the missing sync list of supported devices.

Reaction score
I haven't used this myself (I have a N70 which is supported natively by iSync) but I found it through MacOSXHints, which is trust worthy, they also seem to be hot on the heels of the 10.4.7 update which is good, it costs 10 euros plus tax:

http://www.novamedia.de/sync/index.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.