Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. on an Intel vs. a G5

D

dontcallmepaddy

Someone in one of the other threads told me Adobe software's a bit sluggish on the Intel compared to the G5. I'm thinking of getting an iMac, but can;t decide which one I'd be better off with. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
It is sluggish on the intel Macs because it has to run through the Rosetta emulator. I would personally wait till Adobe releases a Universal Binary version of CS before picking one up if you go the route of the Intel Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
dontcallmepaddy said:
Someone in one of the other threads told me Adobe software's a bit sluggish on the Intel compared to the G5. I'm thinking of getting an iMac, but can;t decide which one I'd be better off with. Any thoughts?

If you can wait for CS3 in Q2 2007 (Spring) I would - it'll be universal binary and run like a dream. If you need it right away, get the G5 - it will run just as fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.