Using airport express to play itunes on TV

Reaction score
I am trying to use airport express to play music from my TV in a different room from my imac G5.

I have connected all the cables correctly (I think) but the airport express just flashes orange.

itunes picks it up but TV doesn't seem to play sound. I have a samsung flat screen tv.

I also tried via the optical cable on my DVD player but also no success.

I think perhaps all the plugs must be Audio Out rather than in. There seems to be no indication though.

If i get something like the ltec Lansing VS2321 Powered Audio System. woofer + 2 speakers would that be easier.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
First, I'd just try plugging in a pair of headphones or computer speakers, to make sure the music is being transmitted correctly.

If it is, then you should be able to use a standard 3,5mm plug to chinch adapter to plug the audio into your TV's chinch inputs.

Or which inputs were you using on the TV?

OP
A
Reaction score
had the headphone idea aswell and they work so i guess it is the TV.

I was connecting the airport to TV via chinch adapter in audio in area but the tv was not picking up the signal.

I will invest in some speakers.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.