• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need IE6 for school What can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2ghz Core Duo 2gb Ram 160gb Hard Drive
So I have an iBook g4. I attend ITT and have an online class which requires IE6 or better. Now my book only has safari, firefox, and IE 5.2 which will not work. Is there anything I can do to get my by til I get my new macbook in a month in a half. I just dont want to have to go to school just to do my homework. Thanks. Sorry Im a newb to the fourms and mac computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You have two options with your iBook G4:

1) Run VPC and you can then install IE 6 under Windows

2) Just get hold of a Windows PC and run it from that

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well both firefox and Safari are better than IE6.. so IE6 or better.. pretty much includes any browser out there ;)

otherwise DevilBoy has said the options that you have open to you. :(

Or you can find a PC user that is willing to have Remote Desktop active and you can login to their system using Remote Desktop Connection.. that's the way that I check sites etc using IE.. that option would probably be a bit slow for an online class though.

You could check to see if the classes work in other browsers. My wife took an online class that was IE only and she actually got through it using Firefox...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.