Another Newbie That Needs Some Help

Reaction score
Hi my name is Dave and I've been using PC's my whole life and it's starting to suck. Especially now that I've been able to mess around with some Mac's. So for college this fall I want to buy a MBP. Now I have done tons of research so I do know thats the one for me. My question is about the release week. I read somewhere that Apple changes hardware such as bugs or things that come up every week or whenever they need to be changed. For example a 23 week MacBook Pro. So what I'm wondering is should I wait right before I leave for school or buy one now and if there is going to be differences?

p.s you guys seem really friendly and helpful at these forums :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
I would go for one now. I doubt too much will be changed between now and August unless Leopard actually begins shipping in August (I doubt that highly). If you get it now, it will give you time to get used to OS X and what programs you need before you actually go back to school.

I

iRizzo

I agree totally with claudius. I just bought mine about a month ago and love it. I doubt there will be any big changes soon. I would get it now so you can get used to it before college starts. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.